Co-Curricular Activity (CCA)
In KCS, Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) are essential to the school’s vision of a ‘quality and holistic education’ and also in the delivery of its Character and Citizenship Education. To enable all students to enjoy CCA, CCA is timetabled during curriculum hours since 2010.
The school adopts a two pronged approach in its design of CCA activities. To enthuse students and to meet a range of interests, there is a variety of interesting CCAs offered. The four categories of CCAs are :Clubs and Societies
Sports & Games
Our CCAs offerings are designed to meet the needs and the aspirations of our student cohort. Such variety exposes them to opportunities and experiences that many of them may otherwise not have. The CCAs are also designed such that they meet the needs of the segmented groups of students eg medically unfit, sports oriented, aesthetically inclined, pro environmentalist and chess enthusiasts.
Within the Sports and Games CCAs, are recreational groups for those who are unable to represent the school but have a passion for the game. School teams provide talented pupils with opportunities to hone their skills to higher levels, represent the school at external events and national competitions and use their achievements to apply for DSA.
The school adopts a 3-tiered approach, the E3, in the delivery of CCA.
AIMS OF CCA IN KHENG CHENG SCHOOL
1. To help our students discover their strength of character.
2. To develop in our students the school’s value and school spirit.
3. To nurture students leadership skills.
4. To provide students with
opportunities to pursue & excel in their area of talent & passion.
KCS CCA POLICY
· All CCAs are multi-racial. This is an important platform to integrate national education and school values.
· All P3-P6 students must have a CCA of their choice.
· A change of CCA is allowed only in P3 and P4. No change of CCA is allowed at P5 and P6.
· A change of CCA is only allowed with valid reasons endorsed by the parent and approved by the CCA teachers of both the current CCA and the new CCA pupil is going to join
All pupils must
achieve at least 80% attendance in CCA
· Only open to P3 students who were not successful in their application to : Basketball, Track and Field, Dance, Choir, CO
· Runs for three weeks
· P3 student is to select 6 CCA groups from the various categories.
· On the 1st week, students will visit 2 CCA groups and participate in the activities. Each visit lasts 40 min. CCA teachers will fetch the students from the hall and return them to the hall for the students to visit the next CCA
· On the 2nd week, students will visit another 2 CCA groups, different from the 1st week.
· On the 3rd week, students will visit the last 2 CCA groups that they have identified earlier to visit.
· Upon completion of the CCA Orientation, students will select 3 CCAs of their choice in order of preference.
· P3 students who were offered a CCA when they were in P2, need not fill in the form.
· Students will be given their 1st choice CCA, subject to availability.
· 2nd /3rd choice CCAs will be offered if the vacancies for a particular CCA are filled up.
During the month of May, KCS conducts an OPEN HOUSE. A CCA Fair is included especially for P2 pupils and their parents
Clubs and Societies
VISUAL ART CLUB
ENGLISH ADVENTURERS CLUB
Sports and Games
TRACK AND FIELD