- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- White canvas shoes and white school socks that are clearly visible above the ankle are to be worn.
- Fingernails must be short, clean and unpainted.
- Name tags should be sewn onto uniforms as shown below.
- Sports shoes cannot be worn during curriculum hours if the activity is conducted after school hours.
- Hair must be neat and hair/fringe must not touch the eyebrows or the collar.
- Girls with shoulder-length or long hair hanging below the blouse collar must be tied up.
Long fringe must be clipped. Only white, blue or black hair accessories are allowed.
- Boys must be neat in appearance, clean-shaven and no facial hair is allowed. Punk or outlandish hairstyle is not allowed.
- Tinting and/or highlighting of hair is not allowed.
- Only small ear studs are allowed for girls.
- No ornaments or jewellery is allowed to be worn in school.
- Mobile phones and electronic gadgets that can be used for communication and recording purposes are not allowed in school.
- Playing/ Trading cards, toys and items that are considered dangerous or inappropriate in school are not allowed in school.
All students must:
- attend school regularly and be punctual for all school.
- submit a medical certificate and/or a letter from parents to the Form Teacher upon his/her return to school to explain absence.
- not leave school without official permission during school.
- seek permission from the Form/Subject Teacher to leave early in the event of illness or unexpected circumstances.
Singing of National Anthem & Recitation of National Pledge
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge.
Students will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Students must be punctual for the ceremony daily.
- Students must stand at attention and face the flag when the National Anthem is being sung and the pledge recited.
- Students must observe the ceremony with solemnity and respect.
- Students must uphold the good name of the school and exercise self-discipline both in and outside the school.
- Students are not allowed to enter the staff room and special rooms unless accompanied by a teacher.
- Students are to keep the school facilities clean and practise social responsibility.
- Students must queue up to buy food and drinks and all food and beverages are to be consumed in the canteen.
- Students should walk from point to point in an orderly manner.
- Students are to practise good manners and be courteous to one and all.
- Students should not stay in class during recess and lunch times unless accompanied by a teacher.
- Students are to practise Netiquette and display appropriate online behaviour.
- Students must be responsible for their personal possessions in school. Students are advised not to bring excessive cash or expensive branded items to school.
- Students are not allowed to have in their possession any They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
|Tinted Hair / Long Hair / Inappropriate Hairstyle||For non-compliance of school rule(s), one or more of the following actions will be taken. In-school counselling will be offered to errant student(s).
• Home Involvement
• Corrective Work Order
• Contract of Good Behaviour
• Verbal and Written Warning
• Ineligibility for Awards
• Entry into School Offences
Module (SOM) Records
• Corporal Punishment
• Police Report
|Skipping Lessons / Playing Truant/ Wilful Absenteeism|
|Use or Possession of Cigarettes / e-Cigarettes / Prohibited Tobacco Products|
|Theft in School / Shoplifting|
|Other Serious Offences:|
|Gambling / Vandalism / Substance Abuse/ Fighting / Bullying / Cheating during Tests or Exams / Forging or Doctoring Documents
/ Possession of Pornographic Materials / Possession of Weapons or Weapon-like items / Defiance/ Disrespectful towards School Staff / Vulgarism
/ Inappropriate Behaviour or Offensive Language Online / Others
Discipline is an educative process to guide students to develop self- management and good character. Disciplinary measures help students learn the consequences of their inappropriate actions and poor choices, and take responsibility not to repeat their mistakes.